Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Introduction

I think everyone has a certain interest or hobby that contributes to how they define success or what is important to them.  Therefore, art defines me.  Art is my passion and is something I do not think I could ever know enough about.  Side comment: does that make me an art nerd? Due to my desire to learn anything and everything about art I have devoted this blog to inform myself and others about thought provoking artists I come across.

How I intend to find these thought provoking artists will probably change.  I'm the type of person who likes to make lists: to-do lists, grocery lists, things to remember lists, etc.  Therefore, it should not be surprising that when I visit a museum, gallery or any place that has art.  I write the names of the artist and title of work down.  Now where these little pieces of paper are is another situation.  I also am fortunate to have many books filled with art, of different time periods and mediums that I might reference as well.

I am able to appreciate all subject matter, media, level of technique, etc.  I am always the person on the defending, sometimes pretentiously, side of the "How is this art?" debate.  But lately I have been interested in photography, black and white photography in the 20th century specifically, so I plan to explore a few different photographers along with the more traditional media.  

No comments:

Post a Comment